Call 24/7: (561) 362-5215 No Recovery, No Charge!

☰ Menu

South Florida
Personal Injury &
Accident Attorney

Do I Need to Involve My Insurance Provider?


Florida is a “no fault” state when it comes to auto insurance, making it vitally important to contact your insurance company after a car accident. The mandatory personal injury protection (PIP) coverage requires each driver’s insurance provider to pay for their losses. These losses include any medical expenses related to the accident, as well as certain “replacement benefits” such as lost wages. Likewise, the required minimum property damage liability (PDL) insurance covers the cost of vehicle repairs or damage to property such as a building or fence.

Since your insurance company must cover your expenses, it’s incredibly important to report the accident to them. In Florida, you cannot sue the other driver or their insurance company unless the injuries you suffered are considered permanent, result in permanent disfigurement or scarring, or cause the loss of an important bodily function.

When the Other Driver Has No Insurance

If you’re seriously and permanently injured by another driver who does not have insurance, you may not be able to get a fair recovery through a lawsuit. Although your PIP coverage will cover some of your medical expenses, it is rarely enough to cover all of the costs of a major injury. For this reason, it’s highly recommended to carry uninsured motorist coverage. This type of insurance will provide additional PIP benefits if you’ve been injured by an uninsured motorist.

Should I Call a Florida Accident Attorney?

Although your insurance company is almost solely responsible for covering your losses, they still may dispute details of the claim and attempt to pay you less than you deserve. Many motorists are lured into a false sense of security when dealing with their own insurance company—however, insurance is still a business and they will do everything possible to avoid a big payout.

Our Boca Raton car accident lawyer at the Law Offices of Russ E. Robbins can help you deal with the insurance company and work to get you a maximum payout. If your injuries are particularly severe and permanent, we can help you pursue fair compensation through a lawsuit. Contact Florida car accident attorney today.


Share on:

background image


We are available 24/7 to help guide you on what your case is worth.

    FREE CASE EVALUATION 24/7 - Call Now!

    iconFree Case Evaluation Now! Skip to content